Saturday, November 12, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Claire's swimming class is amazing.  In the first four lessons, they have learned how to go underwater, do a modified dive off the side of the pool, splash and kick on the steps, float on her back, and float on her sides.  It's hard core!  You know what else is hard core, the lifeguards who are like Nazi's guarding the pool.  Video can only be taken for 10 minutes, photos for 2, and suddenly Gamma is no longer allowed in the pool deck,she has to wait in the "observation area" or in the far bleachers because it's a "closed deck"  and she is a distraction.  I'm sorry, did I sign my child up for some kind of Jr. Olympics program that I'm unaware of?  It's ridiculous!!!  Clearly getting a whistle and a life vest is too much power!


But onto happier things...  like the fact that The Peanut is turning into a fish.

Getting in the pool for our swimming lesson with Mary Pat.

 Look how cute I am in my bathing suit.



 Ooooh, a toy.  This class just got much better.
 C'mon Mom, lets catch this thing!





 My friend Augie made this picture, he was born 8 days after me.  He's an amazing swimmer!


Floating on my side and putting my ear in the water. Not the most comfortable position, but I do it.

I like being on my back better.







Good class!   I'm learning so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment